Preventing Nursing Home Abuse
Los Angeles Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Preventing nursing home abuse is a very important issue to our attorneys. At Pacific Attorney Group, we represent victims of nursing home abuse and neglect in the Los Angeles area. By the time most of our clients contact our firm, they have already been the victim of elder abuse or some form of negligence on the part of a Los Angeles nursing home or assisted living facility. While we cannot turn back time and prevent mistreatment from occurring in the first place, we have included some helpful tips on this page that may help one avoid abuse altogether.
For more information about preventing nursing home abuse and how we can help, contact a Los Angeles nursing home abuse lawyer at our firm today.
- Properly research a nursing home before making a choice as to which facility you or a loved one will attend.
- Frequently visit your elderly loved one.
- Change your visiting schedule randomly to make sure the facility does not know exactly when to expect you; this can help to ensure you are able to see the true conditions of the facility.
- Note how caregivers interact with patients, as well as how patients interact with one another. Do they seem friendly? Reserved? Impatient or rude?
- Notice how your loved one reacts to certain caregivers
- Try to keep as open a communication line as possible with your loved one. Encourage him or her to tell you about life at the facility.
- If you notice any injuries or illness, don't hesitate to ask questions about how it occurred and what treatment your loved one has received.
- If you believe that you have observed any potential sign of abuse or neglect, do not hesitate to contact an attorney in order to report the incident and determine what you can do to hold the facility responsible.