Choosing a Los Angeles Nursing Home
Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
There are a number of steps you can take in choosing a Los Angeles nursing home to help ensure that you find a facility that suits your individual needs, and so you have the opportunity to avoid a facility that has a history of elder abuse or neglect. Finding the right nursing home is extremely important to you or your elderly loved one's wellbeing and overall happiness. Being careful and taking your time in selecting a facility may go a long way in avoiding abuse, neglect and other similar situations.
Visiting numerous nursing homes is particularly important. When you visit a nursing home, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about your particular needs or concerns. Following are some important questions you can consider to help you choose a nursing home:
- Observe how the nursing staff and residents interact. Do the caregivers seem to respect and treat the elderly residents well?
- Observe resident to resident interactions. Do they seem to relate to one another?
- Do the residents seem happy with their environment and the staff at the facility?
- Are there frequent visitors to the nursing home?
- Is the nursing home clean and well organized?
- Review the facility's activity program. Do these activities appeal to you/your family member?
- Talk to the nursing home residents. How do they like the facility? Talk to their families as well, if possible, to see how satisfied they are.
- Are there private areas where residents may visit with their families?
- What type of food does the facility provide? If you visit the facility during mealtime, you can taste the food yourself and observe residents during their meals to see whether they seem to enjoy the food and if they are receiving help with eating, as needed.
Visiting a nursing home at different times and on different days is particularly helpful, as you can get a better idea of what life is like and whether this is the right choice for you.For more information on choosing a nursing home in Los Angeles, contact a lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group today!